Most people register as a donor while they get their driver’s license. Although only 1% of the population will die in a way that clinically allows for organ donation, it is important to register as a donor so that lives can be saved through organ transplantation. The gift of life is the greatest gift that one can give. You are encouraged to tell your next-of-kin about registering and all end-of-life decisions.
While you’re waiting:
- Learn about the detailed process of donation
- Be Inspired – Read Gift of Life Stories
- Play free online game (no ads or signing up!) – LifeLift
- Watch Haley’s Story and more on our YouTube Page
- Text a family member or post on social media about your decision to registered as a donor!
- Imagine what it’s like to wait on a lifesaving transplant. Share with others your generous decision to be a donor.
Learn more about the need: Why Become a Donor?
Learn more about the process: Understanding the Process